We have had a successful transition from AS 9100 Rev C to the new Rev D standard.
For those that are unfamiliar, this standard is Globally recognised – it aligns the requirements of the aviation, space and defence industries to the new structure of ISO 9001:2015.
The following key changes from Rev C to Rev D were implemented:
- Product Safety was added in a new clause and in other areas
- Counterfeit Parts Prevention was added in a new clause and in other areas
- Risk clause was merged with the new ISO 9001 risk requirements along with an increased emphasis on risks in operational processes
- Awareness clause was added with reinforced requirements for awareness of individual contribution to product and service quality and safety along with ethical behavior
- Human Factors are included as a consideration in nonconformity management and corrective action
- Configuration Management was clarified and improved to address stakeholder needs